Friday, October 30, 2009

Moving...

So Blogger is a utilitarian platform at best. I started posting here mostly because it's free, but I knew it wouldn't suffice as something professional-looking.

I'm going to start teaching Python at ITT tech in December, and I've been looking for an optimal way to host more content and sharpen my Python skills at the same time. Enter Google App Engine: It's pay per usage, so I can host the application(s) indefinitely and not pay until I get a significant number of hits. And by significant, I mean like 5 million or so. So until I'm that popular, I can host rich web applications and content for free. Good deal for something that I'm looking to generate any income.

I found Bloog, a "RESTful blog app for GAE." Plus it's on GitHub and it's simple enough that I can easily modify it -- the perfect environment to start playing with Python again.

So eventually I'll move to my new Blog on GAE once I get it up an running. It should look super awesome (well, at least better than this) and let me customize to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment